Please do NOT bring pets to the Star Party. Leashes are a severe tripping hazard and can knock over telescope equipment.
- If you want to see the kickoff “Sunset Talk,” arrive no later than 5:45, as it is a 1/4-mile walk to the presentation
- Bring/wear warm clothing as the nights are cool in Flagstaff.
- Wear sensible closed-toed shoes. The paths in Buffalo Park are not paved and there are cacti off the paths that you do NOT want to meet.
- Stay within designated Star Party areas. There are many cacti and animals who live in the park that do not wish to be disturbed.
Flashlight and Phone tiquette
- You will be given a “night vision friendly” red LED thumb flashlight – yours to keep – as you enter the park courtesy of Vintage Partners. These must be used inside the park around the telescopes.
- If you want one, please bring your own white light flashlight for use in areas outside of the park.
- Use only RED flashlights inside Buffalo Park especially near the telescopes. White light will disrupt night vision and depreciate your night sky viewing experience.
- Please keep your phones in your pocket when around the telescopes.
- Do not shine any flashlight (red or white light) into peoples eyes. Shine the light on the ground only.
- Do NOT use any flash photography from any type of camera inside the park – Exception: at the warming tent / selfie station.
- There will be beverages including hot chocolate for purchase inside the park.
- Do NOT litter. Please keep the park and it’s surroundings clean.
- Port-a-potties are available outside the entrance to the park.
This page was last updated 4th January, 2020, 6:49 AM